Friday, July 23, 2010

“It’s as if punk had been reinvented for women,” he said, smiling.


I've always had a soft spot for southern rap and hip-hop. In fact, it's one of my favorite genres. Maybe this is due to the fact that when I entered college in the fall of 1998 it was blowing up. Therefore some of my favorite artists and albums where from the south...and they were rapping. Ludacris. Juvenile. Outkast. Mystikal. They are all pretty awesome in my book. I still heart them with an passion that does not quite seem right for a white girl from Jersey. But I can't help it. They make me want to shake my proverbial...bootie. And oh boy so does this. Apparently Sissy Bounce is the rage right now. And apparently it's all about the ladies feeling safe to flaunt their...booties. The men are literally shoved to the sidelines. I love this. I also love that of course this safe bootie flaunting is happening because of the rich and wild musical culture of New Orleans. HOW FABULOUS! Anyway...I've got to get to a show....so please someone who is cooler then me....please alert me when Big Freedia's in the house. I will be there. With my bootie.

No comments:

Post a Comment