Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nostalgia Strikes


So it's the first day of September. September always puts me in a nostalgic mood. It makes me think about all the Septembers that have come before. I start to remember things I thought I had forgotten. September is like a file cabinet you start riffling through. It is full of old school portraits, old birthday cards, old report cards, and old addresses. It contains musty secrets and startling evidence of how much or how little you have changed. Think about your very first day of school. Do you remember? What did you wear? What kind of backpack and lunch box did you carry? How did you feel getting on that bus and saying goodbye to your Mom? What was it like to enter into the world alone? Did you sink or swim?

And if that really gets you thinking...then head on over to this really awesome website set up by Arcade Fire. You get to harness this September nostalgia and make a music video all about it. I promise. It's like magic. I can say I've never seen anything like it. It's enormously clever. Oh and...well...google kind of helped them make it...so in the most awesome viral campaign I've ever seen...they kind of want you to download google chrome to view it...but ohhhh...even caught in googles increasingly entangled web (like how are they so damn smart and creative? They are going to rule our lives faster then Steve Job's does now...) it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment